Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I love Shutterfly!

My mantra this holiday season is “no stress”.  To be honest, I have started many past holiday seasons with the same intentions, but somehow become Last-Minute-Lindsay every time. 

As the holidays approach each year, I find myself wanting to do it all – decorations, perfectly thoughtful gifts, homemade goodies, and yes, a fabulous Christmas card, painstakingly designed by yours truly.  I spend hours on the computer, but the design never lives up to my expectations from the start.  I take a break for a few days to let some new ideas flow in, but I can never quite get what I want. 

When I finally settle for the card I have created, I try to print it.  I have a photo printer which is not conveniently located in my house and is constantly out of ink.  This leaves me rushing to upload the card file to a local big name photo-processing lab before bed that night and making a special trip across town to pick them up the next day.  Phew.  They’re printed.  Now I have to mail them out! 

Inevitably I have no time left to find envelopes, address and mail the cards before I will see the recipients at various holiday parties.  I end up passing them out in person, which is never quite the same as opening a card sent through the mail, and I never feel very merry about the whole situation.

This year I have decided to let Shutterfly.com handle it all for me.  No more designing.  No more printing.  No more frustration!  The designs this year are wonderful.  There really is something for everyone.  Folded cards, flat cards, photo cards, pictures on the inside and out; the options are endless!  You can check out their fantastic Christmas card designs here: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-cards


 I am so excited to announce… my Christmas cards are done! Now I’m feeling merry!


No comments: